Personal Data Protection Act (2010) Notice
Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how we use the personal data we may collect from you. By providing your personal data to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Notice and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice.
- What KIND of personal data we collect
- HOW we collect your personal data
- How we USE your personal data
- WHEN we disclose your personal data
- When we TRANSFER your personal data abroad
- Your RIGHT to access and correct your personal data
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, personal data encompasses sensitive personal data which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Notice is applicable only if you are a natural person / an individual.
- contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), current private and/or business address, installation address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address.
- your credit card information and bank account details.
- your mobile phone number and alternative contact numbers (to contact you in the event we are not able to reach you on your first number, in the event of theft verification).
- the status of the products and services you have acquired from us or subscribed to.
- how you use the products and service (for example traffic data such as SMS, emails and other communications made and received by you and the date, duration, time and cost of such communications).
- recording of calls placed by you to our Secure Operating Centre (SOC) for our service enhancement and improvement.
- communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form to become our customer, or when you contact us for any enquiries including by calling our Secure Operating Centre).
- register or subscribe for a specific product and/or service.
- lodge a complaint with us.
- provide feedback to us (for example via our application, websites or in hard copy)
Other than personal data obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal data from third parties we deal with or are connected with you, and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
- to verify your identity.
- to assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for our products and services.
- to provide you with the products and services you have applied for.
- to administer and manage the products and services we provide you (including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting debts).
- to investigate and resolve any service issues, billing queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding our products and services with our SOC teams.
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested.
- to engage in business transactions in respect of products and services to be offered and provided to you.
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you.
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks).
- to help us monitor and improve the performance of our products and services, our SOC teams and service providers to manage staff training and quality assurance.
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our products and services.
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes.
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
- law enforcement agencies.
- government agencies.
- companies and/or organizations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers.
- companies and/or organizations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with products and services that you have requested or subscribed for.
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of providing our product and services to you.
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal data within one calendar week.
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal data in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your
In the event you may need to provide us with personal data relating to third parties (for example about your spouse or children or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organization or company) for dealing with us, if you are acquiring and are responsible for a service and/or product that they will use), you confirm that you have (i) obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal data to us and for us to use accordingly, and (ii) informed them to read this Privacy Notice at our website at www.cse.com.my/pdpa.html
Designation: PDP Officer
Fax No.: 03.5888.0040